El Capitan: OS X 10.11In Yosemite (OS X 10.10) Apple rewrote a large part of the smart card infrastructure and introduced many bugs. I made a list in "OS X Yosemite and smart cards: known bugs".
I propose to maintain a similar lists for smart card bugs found in El Capitan10.11.x.
The bugs I find in El Capitan may also be present in Yosemite. The bugs may not be specific to El Capitan.
- SCARD_W_RESET_CARD not returned by SCardTransmit()
- PC/SC is not unusable after fork()
- SCardBeginTransaction() returns different error codes than on GNU/Linux and Windows
Fixed in 10.11.5
Fixed in 10.12.0 (Sierra)
- Connecting a CT700 Gemalto smart card reader renders PC/SC useless
- SCardGetAttrib() returns SCARD_E_NOT_TRANSACTED when it should not
- SCardConnect() returns SCARD_E_PROTO_MISMATCH instead of SCARD_E_SHARING_VIOLATION
- SCardGetAttrib() returns SCARD_E_NOT_TRANSACTED instead of SCARD_E_INSUFFICIENT_BUFFER
- SCardGetStatusChange() and number of card events
- SCardGetStatusChange() and "\\?PnP?\Notification"
- add support of TAG_IFD_POLLING_THREAD_WITH_TIMEOUT